Investor and former software executive, with particular experience building & leading startups and business units that drive net revenue retention (Customer Success, Consulting, Professional Services, Support & Education).
Built Slack’s presence in the UK, founded the Global Customer Success team and lead its EMEA arm. Previously built & led both Zendesk & Yammer’s European Customer organisations, creating, leading and developing strong teams dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest organisations drive user adoption & business value from Enterprise SaaS software.
I have played a major leadership role in accelerating the growth of a number of early stage companies, leading to a $1.2 billion acquisition by Microsoft and two public exits. This included representing the businesses publicly in the press with media, analyst interviews, public speaking and publishing of industry articles.
Key skills & experience:
- Building & leading world class teams to deliver consistently high revenue growth, customer sat & renewal rates
- Proven commercial focus with extensive sales experience
- Developing strong trusted adviser relationships with founders, C suite and business decision makers
- Talent sourcing, hiring and career development
- Managing complex cloud software deployment and user adoption businesses
- Collaborating internally to improve processes, product and overall customer experience
- Media spokesperson with very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Cross industry experience, including finance, insurance, advertising, pharma, retail, manufacturing, tech, telecommunications & government
Specialities: Sales, customer success, SaaS, consulting, customer experience, people leadership & development, change management and adoption, press & public speaking.
- Professor Anthony Ryan OBEUniversity of Sheffield
Professor Tony Ryan OBE is The Professor of Physical Chemistry at the University of Sheffield and the founding Director of...
- Claire GroveDirector of Customer Advocacy Strategy | ServiceNow
A customer advocacy professional with over 20 years’ experience in this field.
- Cristina MelluzziGlobal Head of Customer Advocacy | Cisco
Cristina joined Cisco 5 years ago to lead Customer Advocacy in EMEAR. She began her career at Hewlett Packard and...
- Mike KendallFounder and Managing Director | The Customer Lab
Mike Kendall is a recognized global customer experience, design, and innovation expert, coach, author, and speaker. He led world-class...
- Amelia MansellDirector of Customer Experience | Virgin Media
Strategic thinker focused on putting customers at the heart of Virgin Media and serving them better in a digital world...
- Claire SportonFounder | Sporton Consulting
Throughout her career, Claire has focused on driving customer-led growth by inspiring change and ensuring a tangible link to...
- Richard OwenFounder | OCX Cognition
Richard Owen has a singular professional focus: Delivering financial value through CX. He co-founded OCX Cognition to combine technology...
- Peter SadlerDirector of Customer and Product Marketing | Advanced Software
An experienced marketing and business leader with a strong track record in delivering tangible success. I combine the exploitation of...
- Maarten PietersHead of Co-creation & People Insight | Signify
Signify, formerly PHILIPS Lighting, is a world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and lighting for the Internet of Things...
- Daniel BausorFounder & Co-Author of The Customer Catalyst
I have over 25 years' experience as a strategic B2B and B2C customer champion, both in-house and as...