A legend and leader in the hotel world, Horst Schulze’s teachings and vision have reshaped the concepts of service and hospitality across industries.
Mr. Schulze’s professional life began more than 65 years ago as a server’s assistant in a German resort town. Throughout the years he worked for both Hilton Hotels and Hyatt Hotels Corporation before becoming one of the founding members of The Ritz Carlton Hotel Company in 1983. There Mr. Schulze created the operating and service standards that have become world famous.
During his tenure at The Ritz Carlton, Mr. Schulze served as President and COO responsible for the $2 billion operations worldwide. It was under his leadership that The Ritz Carlton Hotel Company became the first service-based company to be awarded the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award — twice.
In 1991, Mr. Schulze was recognized as “corporate hotelier of the world” by HOTELS magazine. In 1995, he was awarded the Ishikawa Medal for his personal contributions to the quality movement. In 1999, Johnson & Wales University gave him an honorary Doctor of Business Administration degree in Hospitality Management.
Most recently, Mr. Schulze has been honored as a “Leader in Luxury” by Travel Agent magazine and its sister publication Luxury Travel Advisor.
After leaving The Ritz Carlton Hotel Company, Mr. Schulze went on to found The Capella Hotel Group. This luxury hotel company managed some of the most elite properties worldwide, and gave Mr. Schulze the opportunity to further define the luxury hotel industry, receiving countless awards and recognitions.
Today, Mr. Schulze serves on various boards and acts as a consultant across industries. He recently completed his seminal book on creating excellence.
Andrew CarrickHealthChief Customer Success Officer | Automic Group
- Co-creating the desert gardenUniversity of Sheffield
Professor Tony Ryan OBE is The Professor of Physical Chemistry at the University of Sheffield and the founding Director of...
- Welcome to the Customer Economy. Are you ready for the C-change?Customer Catalyst Team / MD | Strand Communications
- Customer Advocacy - the ultimate trust factor in the Customer EconomyDirector of Customer Advocacy Strategy | ServiceNow
A customer advocacy professional with over 20 years’ experience in this field.
Helen BiertonDigitalChief Banking Officer | Starling Bank
- How Cisco puts customers at the heart of its growth strategyGlobal Head of Customer Advocacy | Cisco
Cristina joined Cisco 5 years ago to lead Customer Advocacy in EMEAR. She began her career at Hewlett Packard and...
- How to digitally transform your business to create wow-factor customer experiencesFounder and Managing Director | The Customer Lab
Mike Kendall is a recognized global customer experience, design, and innovation expert, coach, author, and speaker. He led world-class...
- Virgin Media - A DNA of Customer ExperienceDirector of Customer Experience | Virgin Media
Strategic thinker focused on putting customers at the heart of Virgin Media and serving them better in a digital world...
- Virgin Media - A DNA of Customer ExperienceFounder | Sporton Consulting
Throughout her career, Claire has focused on driving customer-led growth by inspiring change and ensuring a tangible link to...
James HydeTechnologyCEO | James & James
Johnny CastrupCo-creationDigital Product Director, Head of LEGO Ideas | LEGO
Julie-Ann HainesGrowthCEO | Principality Building Society
Nicole DingleyAdvocacyVP Marketing & Customer Advocacy | Wiley
- NPS is dead! How to truly listen to your customers for customer-led growthFounder | OCX Cognition
Richard Owen has a singular professional focus: Delivering financial value through CX. He co-founded OCX Cognition to combine technology...
Pat PhelanCultureCCO | GoCardless
Stanford SwintonVoiceVice President Of Global Care and Customer Experience | Deliveroo
- How customer health can inform the performance of your investmentInvestor | Crane Ventures
Investor and former software executive, with particular experience building & leading startups and business units that drive net revenue retention...
- How integrated technologies and data are driving an Advanced view of the customerDirector of Customer and Product Marketing | Advanced Software
An experienced marketing and business leader with a strong track record in delivering tangible success. I combine the exploitation of...
- Throwing light on co-creation; Signify's journey with supermarket giant Albert HeijnHead of Co-creation & People Insight | Signify
Signify, formerly PHILIPS Lighting, is a world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and lighting for the Internet of Things...
Toby Chapman-DaweConference Host and MCMD | Strand Communications
- Welcome to the Customer Economy. Are you ready for the C-change?Founder & Co-Author of The Customer Catalyst
I have over 25 years' experience as a strategic B2B and B2C customer champion, both in-house and as a...